We all want to share what gives us joy. We want to make an impact that lasts. It’s human nature.
For many of us, the Garden is a place to enjoy all seasons of the year and all seasons of our lives. Your connection to the Garden is timeless when you create a legacy gift, ensuring future generations can experience the amazing beauty and adventure the Garden offers. Essentially, with a legacy gift, you share the joy you experienced at the Garden with countless future guests and members.
Any time is the right time to show your love of the Garden.
What will your legacy be?
You don’t need abundant resources to show you care for the Garden, and your legacy gift doesn’t need to impact your financial situation today.
Whether you wish to put your donation to work today or benefit the Garden after your lifetime, you can find a charitable plan that lets you provide for your needs today and support the Garden. Become part of Green Bay Botanical Garden’s Perennial Legacy Society, a community of generous and visionary supporters who have pledged a legacy gift to the Garden. Their gifts promise a future of where the Garden can delight their loved ones, future guests, and the entire community for years to come.
Simply complete the form below. Any information about your gift will remain confidential (unless you indicate otherwise) and does not create a binding obligation.
• Invitations to special events
• Updates on Garden programs and strategic plans
• Opportunity to schedule a private Garden tour
• Personal assistance with visits to the Garden
• An opportunity to be a part of the Garden’s story
• Your estate may qualify for a tax deduction when it fulfills your bequest.
• You will keep control over your assets should you need them during your lifetime.
• You can modify your gift anytime, if your circumstances or desires change.
• You will become a member of our Perennial Legacy Society.
• You can determine how the funds will be used.
• Your legacy gift to Green Bay Botanical Garden may be larger than any gift you could make during your lifetime.
• The impact of your gift will continue in perpetuity if you specify that it becomes part of our endowment.
• Bequests: Designate Green Bay Botanical Garden as the beneficiary of your asset by will, trust, or beneficiary designation form.
• IRA Charitable Rollover: Gifts from your IRA are a smart way to support the Garden, and may have significant, additional tax benefits depending on current legislation.
• Charitable Remainder Unitrust and Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust: Transfer your cash or appreciated property to fund a charitable remainder unitrust or annuity trust. The trust sells your property tax free and provides you with income for life or a term of years.
• Charitable Lead Trust: Fund a trust that makes gifts to the Garden for a number of years. Your family receives the trust remainder at substantial tax savings.
• Gifts of stocks and bonds
• Retirement assets (IRA, 401k, 403b, pension, or other tax deferred plans)
• Life insurance policies
• A gift of a particular amount of money (e.g., $25,000)
• A gift of a specific item (e.g., 1,000 shares of ABC Corporation stock)
• A gift that will be made from the remainder of your estate after all other bequests, debts, and taxes have been paid (e.g., you give 24% of the rest, residue, and remainder of your estate). Often called a “residuary bequest,” this approach assures that your family and debts will be take care of before your estate makes a bequest to Green Bay Botanical Garden
To name Green Bay Botanical Garden in your will, estate plan, or as a beneficiary to your life insurance or retirement plan, please list us as follows:
Green Bay Botanical Garden, Inc.
A 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with principal business address of
2600 Larsen Road
Green Bay, WI 54303
Here are some ways we recommend:
“I give and bequeath to Green Bay Botanical Garden, Inc., a not-for-profit, tax-exempt organization, having as its principal address Green Bay Botanical Garden, Inc., 2600 Larsen Road, Green Bay, WI 54303, (specific dollar amount or percentage) to be used for the Garden’s general purposes as determined by the Board of Directors.”
If you wish to restrict your gift, we ask that you add the following paragraph to your will to ensure we will be able to meet future priorities as determined by our Board of Directors.
“If at some future time, in the judgment of the Board of Directors of Green Bay Botanical Garden, Inc., it is no longer practical to use the income or principal of this bequest for the purposes intended, the Board may use the income or principal for the purpose it deems necessary and most closely in accord with the intent described herein”.
Notifying the Garden of your intended gift will allow us to honor your wishes and help you ensure that your gift makes the greatest impact possible. Kindly notify the Garden of your intention by contacting:
Director of Development
920.491.3691 ext. 104
President & CEO
920.491.3691 ext. 102
If you would like to talk about planning a legacy gift, or if you have already included the Garden as a beneficiary in your estate planning, please share this information with us so we may celebrate your gift in your lifetime. We would like to thank you appropriately.
Please note individual financial circumstances will vary. The information on this site does not constitute legal or tax advice. As with all tax and estate planning, please consult your attorney or estate planning advisor.
For more information about planning a Legacy Gift, contact Cindy Berton, Director of Development, at 920.491.3691 ext. 104 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Susan Garot, President & CEO, at 920.491.3691 ext. 102 or email@example.com.