WPS Garden of Lights
WPS Garden of Lights features nearly a quarter of a million twinkling lights. Green Bay Botanical Garden dazzles thousands of visitors throughout the holiday season as it's transformed into a stunning winter landscape featuring botanical light displays inspired by its natural features.
Visit the Emil & Gail Fischer Visitor Center to shop for holiday gifts in the WPS Trellis Gift Shop or take a photo with Santa. Head back to the Winterberry Café to enjoy refreshments and listen to songs of the season performed by a variety of local entertainers. The G-Gagers spice up the Winterberry Café with their model train exhibit. Bring your family and friends to the Garden this holiday season and create memories to treasure for a lifetime!
*Photo courtesy of www.caylorphoto.com.
2014 Event Highlights
Favorite Stories with Mrs. Claus
Come inside and warm up with a story from Mrs. Claus every Saturday before Christmas from 5 – 7:00 p.m.
Photos with Santa
Santa is making his rounds to check-in on every boy and girl and has not forgotten about our visitors at the Garden. He will be stopping in from 5 – 9:00 p.m. each night before Christmas during the event for photos by Ambrosius Studio.
Family Night on Sunday, November 30
The Garden has been frozen over with snowflakes and icicles for this year’s Family Night! Children can meet our Queen Elsa and our Princess Anna throughout the night and families can purchase sparkling, light-up snowflake wands. All children ages 12 and under receive free admission with paid adult.
Thank You to Our Generous Sponsors:
Check out this video of our 50' tree being set up!
Things to Know
- The purchase of advance tickets is strongly encouraged to save time waiting in line.
- FREE Shuttles from NWTC Parking Lot G.
- It takes 30-45 minutes to walk through the show.
- Dress warmly and wear comfortable footwear for this outdoor experience!
- Seasonal food and beverage available for purchase.
- Check the weather to plan your visit.
Refreshments & Entertainment
Homemade soup, chili, hot dogs, nachos, cookies, popcorn, candy bars, hot chocolate, coffee, water, soda and hot apple cider are all available in our Winterberry Café. You can also spice up your hot chocolate with a shot of Peppermint Schnapps or Baileys along with many other alcoholic treats!
We have live entertainment every night featuring local choirs, bands and other musicians.
Our Lights Glow Green
WPS Garden of Lights glows almost exclusively using energy-efficient LED lights, or light-emitting diodes, which are illuminated solely by the movement of electrons in a semiconductor material rather than a traditional filament. They not only consume up to 80% less electricity than traditional incandescent lights but also have a life span of five years or more, more than doubling the traditional light lifespan.
Volunteer at WPS Garden of Lights
Ths event attracts over 35,000 attendees and we need your help this holiday season! if you're interested in volunteering, please sign up online, call (920) 491-3691 ext. 105 or email email@example.com.
To sign up online:
1. Follow this link to go to VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/iWENLy
2. Enter your email address. (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot and your address will NOT be shared)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots and VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. It's that easy!
- Turn off the flash!
- Shoot at twilight for better exposures
- Keep camera steady to avoid blurry pictures
- Visit earlier in the evening or on Sunday nights to avoid crowds
- Dress warmly and wear gloves
Contact Us For More Information
For more information on WPS Garden of Lights, please contact our Special Events Manager, Eileen Wesener, at (920) 491-3691 ext. 103 or firstname.lastname@example.org.