Horticultural Links of Interest
View a list of websites that can provide information on various horticulture topics.
Seeds, Plants and Supplies
View a list of websites that can provide information on seeds, plants and supplies.
Research & Trialing
Horticultural research and trialing is done to determine specific characteristics such as yield, fruit size, flower color, etc., sustainability or suitability to a climate.
Local gardening clubs are members of Green Bay Botanical Garden and hold meetings and events at the Garden. View a list of gardening clubs that are current members.
NWTC Solar Flair Project Quick Facts
- There are twenty eight solar modules in each panel (fifty six total), arranged in the shape of a “flower.” Each one is triangular in shape.
- Sunlight to just one of the modules for five minutes will provide all of the energy needed to run their motors to track the sun.
- 25% more energy is gained by having the panels track rather than be stationary.
- Each panel produces 50 volts DC at 20 amps.
- There are four zerk fittings per panel on the moving parts.
- Summer vs Winter – silicone performs better when cold therefore more energy will be produced in the winter months.
- The modules produce 72 watts each (2,000 watts (2kW) collectively) at peak.